CLASS A CHIMNEY PIPE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdeq

Apr 23, 2010
northeastern wisconsin
I was fortunate to have a friend give me 18' of used Hart - Cooley class A stainless steel chimney pipe. The pipe is in very good condtion. My Tarm solo 60 has a 8 inch pipe discharge ,but the class A that I received is only 7 inch. Will this work or does one inch make a big difference?

What does your owners manual say? My experience is downsizing 1" some of the time in some cases works fine. But if it goes against the manufacturers specs, why risk it. What is your tarm hooked up to now?

That almost falls into "it should work just fine" but for one reason or another it might not and if you have a problem that will be the first thing blamed.

Thanks everyone, I have enough pipe to get a foot over the peak of the roof. Does anyone have a idea how I can adapt from the 8 inch on the tarm to the 7 inch on the class A? Does anyone make such a fitting?

The Tarm should have a coupling that came with it so you would want to go off that correct ? I looked on the site I linked below but didn't see 7-8 they had 6-8. The Heat Fab 22guage is very nice and seems are factory welded. I did see that have crimping available. They may have a piece that goes from 7-8 not listed. They do have fittings that go from single wall to insulated.
http://hartshearth.com/chimney/stovepipe.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.