Class A Directly from Stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oregoned

Jan 5, 2008
Western Oregon
Hi, I am new to the site. I am installing a PE Super 27 stove in my home.
Is it OK (to code) to run class A double wall SuperVent pipe right off the stove?
The chimney will be straight up and 12 feet in length.
Thanks

Code wise Id say probably ok, but class A isnt going to connect to the stove flange and class A isnt going to attach to the ceiling support box, and why would you want to spend all the extra money on class a over double wall vent pipe?

I think Class A is supposed to be fully enclosed in a chase structure if it is inside the home, except for the last part that sticks through the wall or ceiling.

12' also sounds pretty short for a chimney.

12' doesn't sound that bad for a chimney. I've seen shorter ones work quite well.

I don't think my chimney is quite 12' and I have 2, 15degree elbows in the black pipe and it draws very nicley on my quad. I just cant dampner all the way down like I would if I had more draft. Of course I've never had a longer chimney run on it so maybe I'm way off base here. But the black pipe will be much easier to work with if you ask me. plus a little more radiant heat off the pipe...

With those elbows, the chimney is technically draft wise, less than 12 ' or so it actually measures. 90 elbows = minus 5 foot of height, I am not sure what 15's or 30's =.

Status
Not open for further replies.