CLASS A PIPE SIZE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimdeq

Apr 23, 2010
northeastern wisconsin
I have a Tarm solo 60 that I am installing in my attached garage, A friend gave me 22' of class A stainless insulated pipe made by Hart and Cooley. The problem is that my boiler calls for 8" and the pipe he gave me is only 7". Is this a problem or will it work?

You're fortunate to get the Class A at the "right" price. Why not give Bioheat a call (1.800.782.9927)?

I contacted them, they said I could try it. They could not garauntee me that it would be as efficient as the 8". Too many variables. I guess I will try it for this year and hopefully not have to pull it all apart next year. Anyone else have imput?

Although affected by many environmental factors, a chimney with more height usually drafts better than a shorter chimney, so more height may help the 7" perform OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.