Classic bay 1200 feeding problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heitzman

Sep 27, 2016
Pennsylvania
As the title says the auger stopped feeding. I cleaned everything up and nothing. I read on an hvac forum that the auger (while power is disconnected) should be able to turn with your fingers. I took the auger motor cover off at it will not turn. The feed tube is empty so nothing is binding it.

Should you be able to spin the auger motor with your fingers? No noise or anything, worked fine this morning.

Thanks.

Also the vacuum line going to the auger area, should that be free to blow thru? Its currently not.

Made the mistake of sucking on the tube, mouthfull of dust.....needless to say its an open line now However trying to start it up no auger movement still.

OK, Update haha. Sorry new pellet user here.

First there is a magnetic switch on the hopper door which disables the auger.....

Second it appears the blocked vacuum was the culprit. Shes starting up fine now. Ill leave this post up for others to use as reference if needed. Mods feel free to delete if you want.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.