Classic Bay, no call light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk454ss

Oct 8, 2013
Michigan
So I just fired up the classic bay for the first time this year. At the end of last year it was working great. When I plug it in the fan kicks on, but there is no call light, and the auger is not feeding pellets. I put a small handful of pellets in the burn pot and they do not light. All I did so far was take a quick look at the troubleshooting section of the manual and I don't see anything that states what to do if there is no call light but the fans are coming on. Can someone give me some quick ideas to look at?

Everyone ignore me. I'm just being stupid. I had already replaced the batteries in the thermostat, but when I hook the wires together the stove seems to be working. Possibly my thermostat is just bad. Thanks for letting me bug you again :)

Problem is with wiring external to stove where two thermostat wires hook up and thermostat. This is based on your comment about shorting (jumping across two wires at stove) and it firing up normally.

Check thermostat is set to heat setting.

A wire may be broken somewhere. If you have a multimeter you could measure resistance in each wire between stove and thermostat to see if one has infinite resistance. Disconnect wiring at stove first.

Reactions: kappel15
Problem is with wiring external to stove where two thermostat wires hook up and thermostat. This is based on your comment about shorting (jumping across two wires at stove) and it firing up normally.

Check thermostat is set to heat setting.

A wire may be broken somewhere. If you have a multimeter you could measure resistance in each wire between stove and thermostat to see if one has infinite resistance. Disconnect wiring at stove first.

Thanks. It's a wireless thermostat, so the only thing wired up is a little box behind the stove. I don't believe it's in the wire anywhere, it seems like last year the thermostat was always a little goofy. Sometimes it would just be Off even if the temperature was low in the house. I think I'm just going to pick up a cheap wire thermostat and use that.

Glad you were taken care of, and is an easy fix. Didn't see post till now. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.