Classic wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Madison01

Dec 4, 2022
North carolina
Hello,

I have a wood stove that I have not tried yet but there is only dampener control no air flow control and I have never seen this. Also it has a blower on it that works. I have never heard of pioneer stove either. Any information would be helpful.

7CFDB961-21E6-47CF-B68B-7EA6A2290B52.jpeg99E53D16-00BE-4D2F-AC18-57CD0A2A8D99.jpeg

It'll need a flue adapter to get it to 8" round for a liner.

Thanks for the help. But do you know anything about why there is no air flow control for the fire box if the door is closed and the ash pan there is no air going to the fire.

I have never seen the stove in person. According to the linked thread, the "ash pan" is their air control.

"The ash draw is what we use to add air flow from in the house. The blower comes on at a temp. The draw opened will make the fire hotter, mostly closed just keeps it burning."

I have never seen the stove in person. According to the linked thread, the "ash pan" is their air control.

"The ash draw is what we use to add air flow from in the house. The blower comes on at a temp. The draw opened will make the fire hotter, mostly closed just keeps it burning."
That’s what I was reading too. Do you know approximately how old this stove would be? I can’t find any other information.

Looks to be from the mid-70s.