1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

clayton 1537G

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mhl380, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl380

mhl380 Member

Loc:
    ohio
    just got a new one.any trouble with this unit? are they easy to operate?
    any info would be helpful thanks. Rick

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Hi Rick, All I can say is I am a first year wood burner and I love mine. I have had no problems and yes very easy to operate! we have had a real cold November and so far December too. I have not used any natural gas since I put this unit in. I already figured out that I will burn about 4.5 cords this season without using any gas. I made a pig tail around the flue and I heat my 30 gal. water heater also so no gas use there ether! heats my water to 120 degree's! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Russ
  3. laynes69

laynes69 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashland OH
    We had a 1500 hotblast (basically the same thing) in this house for around 25 years. Heated well, but was a wood using machine. I would recommend to keep an eye on the chimney, they aren't the most efficient furnace. We burned quite a bit of wood in ours, but we did keep the house warm. If yours has an automatic door damper, keep an eye on it. Ours would run away at times, causing a very hot furnace.

Woodman, watch your flue pipe. That type of setup will condense anything that comes out of the furnace in that area. One good hot fire and you have the potential to plug the flue.
  4. Woodman

Woodman New Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks, I should have stated the pig tail is on the outside of the flue with a air gap completely around it. Also I have seen what you mean with the door damper. I use a magnetic thermometer after the pig tail and try to keep the temp arouses 300 day time and around 250 over night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.