Clayton 1600 problem Can you help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravel Roads

Dec 19, 2013
MI
I have a add on woodstove in my garage. One day the blower kicked on and didn't turn off. I thought it might be the limit switch so I replaced it. The blower continues to run non stop. Any ideas that might fix this?

This is a furnace, right? There should be another switch sensing temp for the blower. Maybe a snap switch?

When you replaced the limit switch you had to open the junction box on the back of the furnace. How did the wires in the box look? Before I sold my 1600 I replaced all of the wiring on the unit. Some of the plastic wire sheiding melted and also two wire nuts melted away. Evidently I may have had a few hot fires! Anyway, perhaps you have some wires making a connection due to faulty wire insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.