Clean Air Elm 24

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morso1bo

Burning Hunk
Mar 6, 2011
western new hampshire
Hi,
I have been in the process of replacing my old, cracking, Morso 1B0 which has been a faithful heater for a long time. I really do not like any of the new box type heaters out there and have begun to reconsider the vermont clean air elm 24" as a possible replacement. I like the idea of it burning cleaner, having a window, and being new (having no suprises). Any one out there have one of these. I would be heating a 1811 NH cape (uninsulated) with it. The Morso will keep at least half the house in the low to mid 60's on a 20 degree night. I think the 24" should do a little better being slightly bigger then the morso. and more airtight.

Thanks for any iput that any of you might have!

I have the 30" clean air Elm. Does a good job of heating my cape cod design house with walkout basement. Total including basement I'm heating is 2800sqft. which is alot of space to heat if it were all insulated and mine is not. So I'm asking alot of the stove and it is delivering. If you are a person who likes things a little out of the ordinary the Elm is different. Its a good solid design that should last for many yrs. You'll pay more than some of the box stoves but it was worth it to me because of the fantastic customer service. Delivering a clean burn and fire viewing certainly does not set it apart from the crowd. Its uniqueness is in its appearance and how it uses a combination of cast iron and steel that is different than any other stove. There are several practical aspects to the Elm design from a user standpoint too.

wkpoor said:
I have the 30" clean air Elm. Does a good job of heating my cape cod design house with walkout basement. Total including basement I'm heating is 2800sqft. which is alot of space to heat if it were all insulated and mine is not. So I'm asking alot of the stove and it is delivering. If you are a person who likes things a little out of the ordinary the Elm is different. Its a good solid design that should last for many yrs. You'll pay more than some of the box stoves but it was worth it to me because of the fantastic customer service. Delivering a clean burn and fire viewing certainly does not set it apart from the crowd. Its uniqueness is in its appearance and how it uses a combination of cast iron and steel that is different than any other stove. There are several practical aspects to the Elm design from a user standpoint too.

Well put.
Best stove period.

Status
Not open for further replies.