1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Clean Energy Pellets from Lowes?

Post in '2013-14 Pellet FUEL reviews-opinions-questions' started by bas157, Oct 23, 2013.

1. bas157

bas157 New Member

Loc:
    Near Limerick, PA
    Anyone have experience with "Clean Energy" pellets from Lowes, which are bagged for Lowes. Some searching I found shows they UPC code belongs to Hamer. Can anyone confirm they are rebagged Hamer pellets?
    If they are Hamer, I'm assuming they should be really good. Picked up 10 bags for $40 (after a $10 off $50 coupon). They are 4.98/bag. Think a little cheaper by the ton.
    I haven't burned any yet so no experience myself as of right now. CleanEnergy.jpg CleanEnergyUPC.jpg

Thanks
    Bruce

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Nick of PA

Nick of PA New Member

Loc:
    central pa
    I just picked up a bag and burned it in my heatilator cab50. They make more ash than the O'Malley's I've been burning, but they have decent heat. I also picked up a bag from Lowes that says "premium wood pellets" made by American wood fiber. The bag has orange writing. These burned hotter than the Clean Energy and the O'Malley's and were $4.98 a bag also.
  3. jimfrompa

jimfrompa New Member

Loc:
    Spring Grove, PA
    I've burned only one bag of Clean Energy from Lowes and they did fine. Very low ash and were consistent small sized for easy feeding.
  4. Dgopetactical

Dgopetactical Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    I started out the season burning hamer's, then bought 4 bags of lowes clean energy they are not bad but They burn nothing like hamer's.

They burn more like chow in my stove, I would like to know who makes them.
    Denny
  5. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    From the horses mouth....so to speak:

Good Morning Stephen,

Yes, we did supply these pellets and they are the same production as Hamer Hot Ones as we only have the one plant in Elkins, Wv.

Lowe's picked these up in July.

We do not have any additional orders set with Lowe's as corporate places all orders and only purchases based on landed cost. While I am a consumer as well and need to save every penny when possible it is also as important to insure you can get Hamer Hot Ones throughout the season please attempt to support the local dealers when possible as they bring in Hamer Hot Ones year round and have access to them year round.

Thank you for your support of Hamer Pellet Fuel Regards, Todd Webb Sales Manager Hamer Pellet Fuel

304-453-6381 ext. 135
  6. Dgopetactical

Dgopetactical Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    York County, Pa
    I have tons of hamer's and bought 15 bags of clean energy, I did a experiment with both, hamer's looks different smells different and has no fines and burns clean and ash is white. Clean energy has normal fines for the box stores burns pretty good but is definitely different, ash is dark. I'm not saying hamer's don't produce these but they sure as heck are not a re-bag, IMHO.
    Denny
  7. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    It could just be different lots or batch variance. What you buy one week might not be the same the following.
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013