Clean Energy Pellets from Lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rad3110

Oct 11, 2007
Long Island NY
Being fairly new to pellets and being an old time wood burner 30yrs. I really havent had the opportunity to check out some of the pellets ive read about on this forum. Having said that I used a bag of clean Energy pellets bagged for Lowes by an unknown distributer. At 1st I was disapointed because the pellets were all 1/4 to 1/2 inch long and seemed a bit dusty. Boy they tore my stove up!!! no auger jam's( Iwas worried about that) and the heat these pellets put out was tremendous. I may have burned a little more because more was going through the auger but at at feed rate of 1 fan of 5 38 degrees my little Summmer heat 1500 had the house cranked

Enjoy the new excitement and learning curve of us new pellet stove owners rad! When it gets warmer I'll have to open windows to burn. :coolsmile:

Lovin' GREAT gadgets,
Jay

rad said:
........Boy they tore my stove up!!! ........ the heat these pellets put out was tremendous. I may have burned a little more because more was going through the auger but at at feed rate of 1 fan of 5 38 degrees my little Summmer heat 1500 had the house cranked

Rad, how long ago did you burn the Clean Energy's? Don't get fooled by "awesome heat" when it's warm outside.....they may not seem so great when the temp is below freezing next winter.

I burned a few bags of them last November, and they were just OK, IMO.

Locally all i can get is Pennington, American wood fiber, Appleton county, Greenway and clean energy. So far clean energy has been the best. Id love to try a few other brands but so far they have eluded me.

rad said:
Locally all i can get is Pennington, American wood fiber, Appleton county, Greenway and clean energy. So far clean energy has been the best. Id love to try a few other brands but so far they have eluded me.

I burned, and liked, the AWF and Greenway's a lot!

rad,
i used clean energy quite a bit last year in very cold january, they were very good heat, with little ash.
i would definitely buy them again. unfortunately could not find them lately. stranglely, still cool and damp
enough to fire up the stove !

Im firing it up mostly because im new to it and enjoying it. I have been burning Penningtons in my upstairs stove and Clean energy in my down stairs stove. Both stoves are the same Englander Summer heat 1500's. Just for sh%$s and giggles I switched pellets between the the stoves and again the clean energy burnt hotter and with less ash. Im not a clean energy sales person just a casual observer. Both clean Energy and Pennington are available at my local lowes. so far the best ive burnt is Turman's tought to get and 7 bucks a bag. clean energy and pennington 5.97. When purchasing a ton I can knock the price down to about 265 aton picked up. Thats the price you pay for living in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.