Clean Fire or Shur Blaze Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh395269

Mar 27, 2008
CT
One appears to be only slightly cheaper than the other. Which is the better choice?

Tinman said:
I sell both of these and like the cleanfire brand best Cleanfire is produced out of the Newengland Pllet plants and meets a higher standard than NE's premium pellet goto www.pellets2u.com

Are the Cleanfires made in Jaffrey?

Yes Cleanfire are made in Jaffery. Acordding to the NE people The only difrence is the bag. Speaking with the Cleanfire people if the pellets don't meet their standards they bag it in the NE bags. I have burned both the NE and the cleanfire in the Harman XXV, The Accentra insert, The PC45 and two diffrent PF100's we had much less ash from the Cleanfire than the NE Premium that were produced 1 day apart. I have burned both brands in my P68 and had the same results. Rumor has it that the PFI is going to have a Super Premium level of pellet soon and Cleanfire will be one of the new Super Premium. I remember when NE was as good as Cleanfire.
Dougsey said:
Tinman said:
I sell both of these and like the cleanfire brand best Cleanfire is produced out of the Newengland Pllet plants and meets a higher standard than NE's premium pellet goto www.pellets2u.com

Thanks Tinman... I just wish the delivery charge on pelletsales.com was a little more reasonable.

Dougsey said:
Thanks Tinman... I just wish the delivery charge on pelletsales.com was a little more reasonable.
Dougsey,
I am shocked to hear someone say that the delivery cost is expensive. I was just on the phone earlier today with another retailer and we can't figure out how it is they charge so little. I guess I need to enter your Zip code in to see what they get for delivery up your way. My Zip is 01235 try typing that in to see if there is a differnce. If there is they must have an agrement with NE not to sell to your area. Cleanfire is made at Jaffrey. It doesn't mean they do delivery's out of that location their main Hub is Palmer. maybe they are driving all the way up from palmer.

Dougsey said:
Thanks Tinman... I just wish the delivery charge
on pelletsales.com was a little more reasonable.

They're as reasonable as they are going to get considering
the rising prices of gas and diesel.

Dealer about 20 miles away charges a flat $85 for 1-12 tons but the pellet price is higher so it's a wash.

What I find strange about pelletsales.com is that the pickup price in Goffstown, NH is $16 more per ton than the delivered price plus a $20 service fee.

But maybe that's to account for the trucking from Palmer.

Dougsey said:
Dealer about 20 miles away charges a flat $85 for 1-12 tons but the pellet price is higher so it's a wash.

What I find strange about pelletsales.com is that the pickup price in Goffstown, NH is $16 more per ton than the delivered price plus a $20 service fee.

But maybe that's to account for the trucking from Palmer.
Belive it or not a dealer doesn'nt get a better discount than say a person placing an order on their own

Tinman said:
Yes Cleanfire are made in Jaffery. Acordding to the NE people The only difrence is the bag. Speaking with the Cleanfire people if the pellets don't meet their standards they bag it in the NE bags. I have burned both the NE and the cleanfire in the Harman XXV, The Accentra insert, The PC45 and two diffrent PF100's we had much less ash from the Cleanfire than the NE Premium that were produced 1 day apart. I have burned both brands in my P68 and had the same results. Rumor has it that the PFI is going to have a Super Premium level of pellet soon and Cleanfire will be one of the new Super Premium. I remember when NE was as good as Cleanfire.
Dougsey said:
Tinman said:

Latest word is that NE and Cleanfire are coming out of the Schyler NY plant so that NE can balance there stock. According to a Truck driver there are no pellets in the Jaffery plant and nothing in storage in Palmer. I think we are seeing the begining of a real shortage!! forcing many people to get stuck with oil and paying twice what the average pellet burner pays. I already Bought 6 ton's of Cleanfire From www.pellets2u.com

Status
Not open for further replies.