clean fire pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm burning these this year. Since 05' I've
burned ten different brands in this stove.

Currently on bag #11 of the Cleanfire and by far these
are the cleanest burning my stove has ever seen.
Of course, some have noted the opposite so
I guess it varies from stove to stove.

They throw immense heat and less ash than
all the other pellets I've used. Very similar to
the Barefoots I tried last winter.

Aaargh.
Pelletsales.com had these and sold out between when I held the quote and got off my butt and placed the order.
He who hesitates.....

I have CleanFire. Got them from Pelletsales back in August. Ordered in July. They sold out not long after my delivery. Its my first year with a stove, but They seem very clean, little ash and a lot of heat.

Great pellet, but VERRRRRRRRRRRRY hard:

sinnian said:
My "CleanFire Northern Blend Premium Pellets" (from Pelletsales.com) seem to have broken TWO (separate occasions) 1/2" Lovejoy couplings on my feeder cup mechanics (yes, solid steel busted up!), and now have temporarily seized/stopped on TWO different motors to the feeder cup (yes, I had the original changed out) five different times ~ thus having five 'flameouts'.

My dealer has been trying to make good on all of this, as he has been at my house once per week for the past month and one-half replacing couplings, motors or complete feed assemblies, etc.

<phone rings> ***talks to dealer***

LOL :lol:

Seems as though the guys at Pinnacle are taking this personally and are having a "special" cup made for me with a carbide cutter. :bug:

And talk is, if THAT doesn't solve the issue, then it's time to tweak, i.e. supercharge, the motor :coolgrin:

Until then I'll just continue to stay positive, that the problem WILL be fixed eventually.

5 Tons minus 18 bags in the basement. My first year burning any kind of pellets, but so far have zero regrets with these. One thing I notice is there is basically no sawdust in the bottom of the bags when I pour them into the hopper. I've read several other posts of folks screening their pellets, or not directly pouring the "bottom of the bag" into the hopper due to excessive fines... not the case here. I am very happy with them. Very clean burning and not much ash to deal with. Ordered from Pelletsales.com 2nd week of June, received 2nd week in July.

I bought 4 tons of these from pelletsales.com. They just don't agree with my stove. They burn great but my auger gets clogged every now and then. I bought some greene team pellets from Lowes which are softer and crumble more easily. So, I've been mixing these with my cleanfire and I haven't had any clogs. However, I now have too many pellets.

So if any of you are interested I'm willing sell off one or two tons of my Cleanfire pellets so I can pick up some more from Lowes. I paid $290, will sell for $250/ton you pick up. I'm in North West RI. Otherwise, I'll just keep mixing these and burn the rest next year. I'll post this in the for sale area as well. Thanks

Dave

If you arent hot for getting rid of them spacewise, I might take you up after the holidays :)

trudd said:
I bought 4 tons of these from pelletsales.com. They just don't agree with my stove. They burn great but my auger gets clogged every now and then. I bought some greene team pellets from Lowes which are softer and crumble more easily. So, I've been mixing these with my cleanfire and I haven't had any clogs. However, I now have too many pellets.

So if any of you are interested I'm willing sell off one or two tons of my Cleanfire pellets so I can pick up some more from Lowes. I paid $290, will sell for $250/ton you pick up. I'm in North West RI. Otherwise, I'll just keep mixing these and burn the rest next year. I'll post this in the for sale area as well. Thanks

Dave

You can NEVER have too many pellets!!!! Keep what you have, mix with another brand like you've been doing, and join the Pellet Pig Club!! :cheese: eernest4 would be proud of you!

Too many pellets?!?! Never heard of such a thing! OINK OINK ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.