Clean glass with news paper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
I have been using crumpled up news paper to clean the hot glass on my Accentra insert. I guess I am lucky. I only clean the glass once per week. The glass stays quite clean with only a slight graying in the upper right corner. I read that some of you are cleaning daily: try the news paper trick.

Dry newspaper?

I'm the lucky one, been running my used P61 for about 3 weeks and the glass is absolutely clean.

Thanks for the suggestion. My glass has never been cleaner, I guess I'll renew my subscription to the daily rag.

If you Pellet folks stop by the woodburner's section you'll see that a lot of new folks using woodstoves have problems with dirty glass . . . I think most woodburning veterans rely on newspaper . . . they wet it down a bit, dip it in the ashes, rub it on the glass and voila . . . the glass comes clean very easily . . . although afterwards you need to get another wet piece of newspaper to clean up the glass to make it crystal clear.

Great idea! I used to use newspaper to clean my windows in an old historic townhouse I lived in years ago. I've been using my (dry) microfiber cloth for the pellet stove glass, and it works so nice; but newspaper will work even better, I think.
Thanks!

This works wonderfully. Found an old LL Bean catalogue, tore out the page, crumpled it up, opened my hot stove and rubbed the glass miraculously clean. No cooling needed. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.