1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Clean glass with news paper

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by lecomte38, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lecomte38

lecomte38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Mass
    I have been using crumpled up news paper to clean the hot glass on my Accentra insert. I guess I am lucky. I only clean the glass once per week. The glass stays quite clean with only a slight graying in the upper right corner. I read that some of you are cleaning daily: try the news paper trick.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Mury

Mury Member

Loc:
    NH
    Dry newspaper?
  3. lecomte38

lecomte38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Mass
    yup - dry- just crinkle it up and rub the glass - quick and easy
  4. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    I'm the lucky one, been running my used P61 for about 3 weeks and the glass is absolutely clean.
  5. itworks

itworks New Member

Loc:
    Southwestern CT
    Thanks for the suggestion. My glass has never been cleaner, I guess I'll renew my subscription to the daily rag.
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    If you Pellet folks stop by the woodburner's section you'll see that a lot of new folks using woodstoves have problems with dirty glass . . . I think most woodburning veterans rely on newspaper . . . they wet it down a bit, dip it in the ashes, rub it on the glass and voila . . . the glass comes clean very easily . . . although afterwards you need to get another wet piece of newspaper to clean up the glass to make it crystal clear.
  7. lass442

lass442 New Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Great idea! I used to use newspaper to clean my windows in an old historic townhouse I lived in years ago. I've been using my (dry) microfiber cloth for the pellet stove glass, and it works so nice; but newspaper will work even better, I think.
    Thanks!
  8. sydney1963

sydney1963 New Member

Loc:
    Windham Maine
    This works wonderfully. Found an old LL Bean catalogue, tore out the page, crumpled it up, opened my hot stove and rubbed the glass miraculously clean. No cooling needed. Awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.