cleaned chimney NOW ITCHING !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sattv

Dec 9, 2011
Nebraska
Used my new sooteater yesterday and now my skin has a rash and itches all over Anyone ever have this problem? I cleaned a 6" stainless liner with a cap.

Never heard of such a thing.

Sure it isn't a reaction to food and you have hives? Last time I had them we narrowed it down to a gallon of milk. God only knows what was in it that caused it.

I'd try some benadryl before you go to bed (if you don't have benadryl, Tylenol PM is Tylenol w/ benadryl or Advil pm is the same).

pen

Any chance you have burned some wood with poison ivy vine attached?

You are allergic to the soot and creosote and will be unable to use your sooteater anymore without any dire consequences. To avoid the waste of throwing it in the garbage and the hassle of selling it on CL you should mail it to me...postage due if you have to. I will PM you with my mailing address! Seriously though it does sound like an allergic reaction to me.

Doesn't the Sooteater system have a cover to contain the dust? Did that not work for some reason?

Definitely sounds like an allergic response...

I've not heard of this before either.

Status
Not open for further replies.