cleaned my chimney today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCoBernie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 8, 2008
My sooteater came today so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather. The sooteater kicks a$$....i was done in about 15 minutes and didnt have to leave the living room while cleaning. I went up on the roof after I was done and took a look down the liner and it was nice and clean. I got about 1/2 cup of the dark fluffy stuff.

Now its time to replace the door gasket.

Kudos for going up top afterward. Lots of things you can't see from the bottom.

BucksCoBernie said:
I got about 1/2 cup of the dark fluffy stuff.

Now its time to replace the door gasket.

Sounds like clean burning to me, keep up the good work.

I wrote a thread on the Soot Eater early this year. I was also impressed with it, I might try it top down this fall to see how it works that way. that way you do not have to have the door open and sealed with plastic. It is great in the winter when you can stay nice and warm and dry while you go up. How long have you had that stove? A half a cup sounds awful good. I got more like a quart.

I installed the stove in early October and burned 24/7 this winter. Maybe my estimate was off, could of been a cup idk. there really wasnt that much in the stove after I was finished.

I think your post about the sooteater helped me determine if it was worth buying or not....glad I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.