Cleaned the vent today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbfarm

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2012
wisconsin
Done burning our first ton of pellets already this season so we did our regular weekly cleaning and did a vent cleaning w/LBT also.

I am so happy to be done with those lousy ashy pellets and back to the good pellets.

The vent was horrible. When we did the LBT after all season last year hardly anything came out of it. It was sure loaded with ash this time.

Never again will I buy a cheaper ton of pellets just to save $25.

Oh, the stove caught a nasty case of stuffed up nose. Them sinus colds will do that ;).

Eat plenty of good pellets, stay hydrated, and get your rest and all will be well.

I see in your signature that you are burning Rib Mountains...how you like them so far? I just installed our stove this weekend and bought a few test bags. Being new to pellet stoves I have nothing to compare with, but they seem really good so far.

I love the rib mountain and pellets they are comparable to Jed's.

It was the woodfiber pellets that we burnt that were so terrible

I love the rib mountain and pellets they are comparable to Jed's.

It was the woodfiber pellets that we burnt that were so terrible

Thanks for that info! I may end up buying a skid of the Ribs then and see how the first ton goes.

they have good heat output and low ash. After a week our ash pan only has about an inch of ash in in compared to overflowing with the wood fiber brand.

leaving the thermostat set at the same temp, the thermometers all over the house read 4 degrees warmer than the wood fibers too.

Amen to that.

When will the masses learn? One of or biggest service calls are for clogged auger due to bad pellets. Lets do the math, save $25 per ton on 3 tons, 3x$25=$75. Clogged auger equals a service call at $65 and then about and hour labor at $65 so $65x2=$130. And customer still have over two tons to burn. Winning!!!!!

Eric

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
People call a dealer to fix a clogged auger?

Reactions: kinsmanstoves
"My stove stopped working, come fix it cause we are cold!". I know, some people pay money to have their oil changed.

Eric

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
im one of them.

i can't buy the filter and oil for cheaper than the dealer charges to change it for me while i sit on a leather couch and watch a sit-com on tbs or judge judy. :p

didn't get any clinkers thank god!

I will never ever change the oil on my truck again. the filter is up and over the top of the axel. I couldn't even get to it. The Mr had to finish. I do however, change the oil on the motorhome myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.