Cleanfire Pacific Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timss13

Jun 6, 2008
Peterborough, NH
Anybody burned these? How about in a MT Vernon Insert? I am considering them for next year. Other choices for delivery are NEWP (Jaffrey plant), and LG. It seems impossible to find Okie's or some of the others that have been highly regarded in these forums. I assume this is because we live 10 miles from NEWP Jaffrey and most local dealers support them strongly.

I have had good success with NEWP Jaffrey pellets although the ash content seems a bit high. Cleanfire Pacific look like they have higher BTU rating and lower ash/ moisture levels.

timss13 said:
Anybody burned these? How about in a MT Vernon Insert? I am considering them for next year. Other choices for delivery are NEWP (Jaffrey plant), and LG. It seems impossible to find Okie's or some of the others that have been highly regarded in these forums. I assume this is because we live 10 miles from NEWP Jaffrey and most local dealers support them strongly.

I have had good success with NEWP Jaffrey pellets although the ash content seems a bit high. Cleanfire Pacific look like they have higher BTU rating and lower ash/ moisture levels.
I burned Cleanfire Hardwoods last year ( in a St Croix). Hot pellet, but super dusty and lots of fines in the bag. I bought 1 bag of the Pacific's to try and they were really hot and very clean. They are or were supposedly from the mill that makes Okanagan(Westwood). But BTU said they dont have a contract with them anymore. I spoke with Woodpellets.com last week and was told that the Cleanfire Pacific is still coming from British Columbia Canada, but from one of the sister mills of Westwood. Maybe BTU can tell us which one.

Status
Not open for further replies.