Cleaning 1557M???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Was wondering if someone could give me some insight on the best way and how to clean a 1557M burner. Creosote is building up and I am wanting to get it cleaned out, I am going to hire someone to come out, but want to know the best ways to clean it inside the stove and pipes. Is there any internal parts that would need cleaning?

Thanks!

Are you talking about creosote in the pipe or in the furnace itself? Chimney and pipe needs to be brushed. There isn't much inside, it's a simple smoke dragon design. Burning it cleanly with good dry wood should take care of anything in the firebox, AFTER you get the chimney cleaned.

Yup just a baffle and that's it. When I had our furnace I would pull the baffle and scrape the top and sides while the baffle was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.