Cleaning Ash build up in the Mt Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shotky

Jul 25, 2008
WI
We previously owned a Harman Advance where most of the ash ended up in the ash pan. We now have a Mt Vernon AE and it seems that most of the ash ends up on the floor around the burning pot. I am just wondering how often everyone vacuums the ash up. I know some pellets give more ash then others. Just looking to see what everyones maintenance schedule is on this stove.

Thanks

I recommend what the owners manual and DVD schedule outlines, but I clean my ash pan and stove once a week. I just let it cool down and them I use a shop vacuum to clean it out.

schnkp said:
I recommend what the owners manual and DVD schedule outlines, but I clean my ash pan and stove once a week. I just let it cool down and them I use a shop vacuum to clean it out.
same here

I clean mine one a week as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.