Cleaning Baffle on Summit ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill C

Nov 27, 2014
North Central Arkansas
We bought our PE Summit last January. I cleaned flue, pipes, inside of stove and top of baffle too. Stove actually wasn't very dirty!
I did not take out the baffle assembly... The manual does not indicate when to clean the baffle. Just instructs how to remove it.
I thought I would post the question, maybe another Summit owner could recommend when and how often to clean? I'm thinking once a season??

There's no need to clean the baffle, especially if the pipes are cleaned separately. Just vacuuming out the stuff on top of the baffle should suffice.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Thanks begreen. That sounds good. I think a visual inspection is good since they mentioned nothing about cleaning.
Thought I should ask just in case there was a need to clean it .

Status
Not open for further replies.