Cleaning blower on Pacific energy insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmernyer

Nov 30, 2014
Connecticut
We have a Pacific energy insert. Its been in there for 5 plus years. Its not blowing out as much heat as it used to and I imagine the blower could use a good cleaning. Is there a way to do it without taking the WHOLE insert apart? When it was installed the fella stripped a lot of the screws and I'm not looking forward to combating that.

Either way - thanks!

~Dawn

Which model is it? In my Super there is a cover grill on each side with a screw in the top. Just remove the screws, pull up the covers and the blowers will be exposed. Get a small brush to sweep the blades and your vacuum to suck up the dust. You can also take them out completely (see your manual) but I have never seen the need to do so.

Which model is it? In my Super there is a cover grill on each side with a screw in the top. Just remove the screws, pull up the covers and the blowers will be exposed. Get a small brush to sweep the blades and your vacuum to suck up the dust. You can also take them out completely (see your manual) but I have never seen the need to do so.

Thank you! It's a Vista....

Status
Not open for further replies.