cleaning chimney liner, need very flexible extension rods - what to buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pur pony

Nov 1, 2011
Eastern CT
I have a Hampton GC60i pellet insert that is on a track and slides out.... My house is a colonial so i need to get all the way to the top. The rod extensions i bought last year are to stiff and will not flex enough get into the chimney liner. The exhaust box that the stove slides into and the liner attaches to is to low to the hearth. I was wondering if anyone has any extension rods that are nice a flexible! brand?

thanks

I have a Hampton GC60i pellet insert that is on a track and slides out.... My house is a colonial so i need to get all the way to the top. The rod extensions i bought last year are to stiff and will not flex enough get into the chimney liner. The exhaust box that the stove slides into and the liner attaches to is to low to the hearth. I was wondering if anyone has any extension rods that are nice a flexible! brand?

thanks
I use a 3' twisted metal extension on the end of the fiberglass rods I have. Got them all at local hardware store.
It's a little more flexible to get around the bend at the end of my chimney.
I clean top down.
Not sure if you need something different for a pellet stove.

Lint-Eater

I use a cable, send it down from the top then pull the brush down through.don't even need to remove the termination cap using the cable.

I bought a set made by Rutland along with a 4" brush a couple of years ago. No problem with them being flexible enough to clean my liner.

Gardus soot eater for pellet stove, plus three packs of extension rods is what I use on my M55 insert liner. Got them on amazon for about $80. Works great with a cordless drill, just be careful not to reverse and unscrew the rods. I think the lint eater is the same thing, not sure if it comes with the 4 inch brush

Status
Not open for further replies.