Cleaning chimney with 30 deg elbows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmboy05

Jan 31, 2014
North Central Iowa
I just had my chimney installed. The installer had to put in two 30 degree elbows right next to each other on my 2nd floor to get it to jog over so it would fit between my rafters (12" on center btw _g). I'm planning on buying a chimney brush so I can do some light cleaning from the bottom up once or twice during the winter to keep ahead of any possible creosote, but I'm still plan on having the guy come out once a year to do a full good cleaning. Can the standard wire and fiberglass brush work around this jog? or does it take a special brush/top down cleaning only?

My chimney also has a 30 deg offset
I have been using the nylon brush on
flexible fiberglass poles and have never
had a problem

Reactions: farmboy05
I also have 2 30° elbows. 6 inch round poly brush and the regular fiberglass rods go right through the elbows with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.