Cleaning ESP Harman P61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanwop

Nov 22, 2010
Ca
Thansk for the early help all...before I try and take apart my stove to fix the ESP, i noticed that it was pretty dirty. Without taking everything apart, is there anyway I can clean the ESP with a wire brush?? Thanks

If you mean by cleaning thru the exhaust tube from behind the ashpan, the answer is No, you risk damaging it.

Should be smilar to the P68. If so, there is only 1 cover that has to come off to get to it. The lower/right side if looking from the front. Then 1 screw holding it in place.

You can clean it with long brush from ash pan area, or its only a few inches inside from where exhaust exits if you can pull venting apart easy.
Just be gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.