Cleaning Harman p61 feeder mechenisim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird77

Feeling the Heat
Jul 4, 2007
Hallstead Pa.
Have a good site Ill share for cleaning the Harman p61 p68 stoves. can someone please tell me where the feeder mechinisim is shown on page 8? I know its in the back, I think, but had the cover pulled off theother day to clean for the first time, and didnt see it. Does anyone know if this is a pain to get at or what? Thank you

Hi Freebird. I had that same problem trying to find the feeder mechanism based on that guide. Funny, because the directions are very clear in ever other place, then when it came to that, they just sort of leave you to find it yourself! I had to call my dealer for instruction.
In any event, that compartment can be found in the back left area of the stove. You have to take the shields off and reach pretty far back where you'll find a single wing-nut (the wingnut comes out to the left when you are behind the stove). Hopefully your wingnut will be hand tight...because you have to get that off to get to the compartment inside. I find it to be a little awkward getting the cover out of there too, since you don't have much room to work. This is probably the most difficult step in the whole cleaning.

MKMH,
Thank you.
Did you find much in there when you cleaned it?
It says after the heating season to do this. How often do you do this peticular task?

No problem. I purchased my stove used..and it had been poorly maintained. My hunch is that the compartment had not been cleaned ever. So from what the previous owner told me, he had run 6-8 tons of pellets through. The compartment was about 25% full, didn't take me long to clean it out. My plan is to clean it about once per season, which hopefully will be sufficient. I find it to be a pretty big pain pulling the back panels off and everything so once per season on every task that involves getting back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.