Cleaning hx tubes on a solo 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougcarlo

Jul 29, 2008
Interior Alaska
Well my first year with my solo 40 was a trial and error filled year, this is my third year and still am learning. Well my first year I coated my hx tubes with a layer of creosote and I tried to scrape it off with a piece of pipe and am not having any luck. Has any one done this and how do you clean to the tubes? Thanks

There is the "snake oil " method and the " drill attachment" method. There is a sticky on the first page. It does not include the pics and posts on the drill attachment method.... but this method is on some posts. They have not been added to the sticky... but should be.

I didn't have success with the drill method, due to a number of contributing factors. Others have obviously done well with it; but for anyone else who can't get it to go, I've written up the procedure for the Snake Oil method that I used. The writeup has all the details and is way too long to post. I've sent it to a few folks via PM, and will also send it to the op. Goose, if you think it belongs in the sticky, I'll send it along.

Thought I already had both the Snake Oil and drill methods in the "Tidbits" sticky already... Send me the links and I'll double check...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.