Cleaning my Englander PDV25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2012
Vermont
Okay, so I followed the step-by-step tutorial of how to thoroughly clean my PDV25 from another member on this forum (thanks Don) but I have a question, I removed both augers and motors and cleaned them but the top auger (short one) has some play in it (i.e.-when i hold it in my hand I can wiggle it and the auger wobbles a little) while the bottom auger (long one) doesn't have any play...is this okay or should the top auger not have any play like the bottom one? I just figured since it's apart I could deal with it now instead of reassembling everything and finding out it was something that needed attention. Any info would be greatly appreciated :).

(short one) has some play in it (i.e.-when i hold it in my hand I can wiggle it and the auger wobbles a little) .

Normal. I've had my 25-PDV for 10 years and it's always been that way. Same for my 25-PDVC. We're talking a tiny bit of play, has to move a bit to push the pellets.

Both my augers have slight play, always had since new.

Same here had mine since 2005 always had just a bit of play in both of them

What they said.

Reactions: ken372
Status
Not open for further replies.