cleaning pics continued

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kykel

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
long Island
heres some more

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 676
  • 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 670
  • 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 665
  • 175.jpg
    175.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 669
the rest

Attachments

• 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 638
  • 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 644
  • 178.jpg
    178.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 663
  • 179.jpg
    179.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 663
Is that plate (in the lower left pic) just below the heat exchanger tubes supposed to be bent and wavy like that?

I dont believe so. You can see the right side is hanging lower than the left side. There was another enviro owner whose shield warped too, I think more m55 owners are going to see this problem. The plate is basically floating there being held up by the back cast iron plate.

hmm, that plate looks warped. seems a bad batch of them. put a claim in with the dealer.

mine is straight as the first day.

are you sure you are positioning it correctly into the two screws at the back and then balancing it with the back shield? you probably are, but just have to ask.

Yes. It definetly is in correctly. I could tell it was warped before I took it out. Good game last night.

My plate must not be warped, Because I don't even remember having that plate. Just cleaned her yesterday and didn't see it!!

61 bags and the pot looks like you only ran a few thru it! Love the self cleaning feature on the Enviro multi's!

How much carbon was stuck to the burnpot liner?

j-takeman said:
61 bags and the pot looks like you only ran a few thru it! Love the self cleaning feature on the Enviro multi's!

That burn pot does look clean for 61 bags, Gotta get me some Turman's!!

j-takeman said:

Next to nothing. Brushed it out with a paint brush and tapped a litttle spot with the handle and good as new.

I just looked at my plate and it seems to be angled upwards. I cant see it hanging down through the glass like in your picture in the lower right. Something isnt right. You shouldnt be able to see it through the glass.. Guess Bill will be getting a call.. Im still waiting for him to call me to fix my chimney cap..Keep getting birds in the oil burner!

Status
Not open for further replies.