1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Cleaning/Servicing Insert Pellet Stoves

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Shooter, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooter

Shooter New Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    I'm looking at purchasing/installing the Quad Classic Bay 1200i (insert) stove. After looking at your excellent resources here I've got to ask the question.....what will or should I think about when installing an insert stove to help the servicing. Will I need to pull this out for the more thorough cleanings?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    You might need to. If you ever have to replace the blowers or the auger motor it is also much easier if it pulled out.
  3. lpgreg

lpgreg Member

Loc:
    central mi.
    I have to pull mine out to clean the tee and stack about once a month. This was with pellets that produced a lot of ash. I just bought a different kind that has very little ash. This could make a differance in how often I need to clean out the tee. Mine pulls out real easy. I also have to vacuum all the dust buildup in the back monthly.
  4. Shooter

Shooter New Member

Loc:
    Michigan
    I'll be factoring this in while doing the install. Hopefully I can arrange things in such a way as to leave it serviceable.

Thanx for the comments!

(by the way.....great forum, very very helpful!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.