Cleaning/Servicing Insert Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter

Feb 17, 2008
Michigan
I'm looking at purchasing/installing the Quad Classic Bay 1200i (insert) stove. After looking at your excellent resources here I've got to ask the question.....what will or should I think about when installing an insert stove to help the servicing. Will I need to pull this out for the more thorough cleanings?

You might need to. If you ever have to replace the blowers or the auger motor it is also much easier if it pulled out.

I have to pull mine out to clean the tee and stack about once a month. This was with pellets that produced a lot of ash. I just bought a different kind that has very little ash. This could make a differance in how often I need to clean out the tee. Mine pulls out real easy. I also have to vacuum all the dust buildup in the back monthly.

I'll be factoring this in while doing the install. Hopefully I can arrange things in such a way as to leave it serviceable.

Thanx for the comments!

(by the way.....great forum, very very helpful!)

Status
Not open for further replies.