Cleaning solution for a saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gents:

I have a newer MS441 that will be going up for sale soon, and want to clean it up before doing so. I have a compressor with a blow gun and will of course blast out goo that has accumulated, but can anyone recommed a cleaner/degreaser that will not harm the plastic and metal? Simple Green, Purple Power, ???? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I use what ever I have but those are two good ones. I clean in layers and may take a week. Spray it down heavy and walk away for an hour or so. Re-pete as much as you have to.

I just use engine degreaser and let it sit for a while then into the sink with hot water and dawn. If you can find it GREZ-OFF works great. I always try and remember to get a bottle when I go by the boat store but nowhere local carries it. But nothing takes the place of good old scrubbing. Get a package of small brushes. http://www.myboatstore.com/MarineGrezoff.asp

Fantastic, Simple Green, Citrus cleaner, Compressed air, and a good rag or light sponge pad (magic eraser above sounds good :)).

As Jay said, Spray, soak, rinse, repeat. With a little time, all that gunk will come off :)

Brakekleen for me. Quick and powerful. Blow it out afterwards.

i use simple green then rinse with hot water. I then let a fan blow on it for a few hrs and they look like new.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.