Cleaning stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pledgercraft

Nov 18, 2014
I have a new set up with 9ft of 6 " Durablack from stove to ceiling support box then 15 foot 6" duralplus ss through the attic and roof. Just burned for 3 weeks.
I did start to hear the creosote flakes falling one morning as I opened door. Had a chimney sweep come out and inspect and clean for peace of mind being it was a self install. Been burning oak some seasoned some not as optimal. I got about a pint of flaky creosote. I have endless supply of free fresh cut oak but Hard to get seasoned wood here. But have enough stacked for next year already. So i would like to brush at least monthly until I am comfortable with all seasoned oak . My question is what is the best brush set up for cleaning from the bottom up as I can no longer navigate roofs!. I have a englander 30nc so it is easy to access the flue from the firebox. Obviously need some flexibility but also do not want to pay 500 for a "professional" cleaning tool "although Mr. Soots was nice and easy to use. And Polly or SS wire? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.