Cleaning surprise! Check your chimney brushes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I went to clean the chimney this weekend. I started pulling the brush out of the shed when all of a sudden I noticed that the head was missing from the fiberglass poles. The wires holding the brush to the poles had broken! I'm happy this didn't happen when the brush was halfway up the chimney. That might have been interesting to get out.

I'm going to have to order a brush online since the local hardware stores don't seem to be carrying them off season.

Matt

Matt for that one reason only I always have a rope tied to the other end dancing around freely. Yes it becomes a mess but not as much as a mess ripping apart sections of chimney to locate it if it was to detach from the FG rods. Good thing ya caught it in time.
N of 60

i keep a retrival tool by my chimney cleaning stuff in the garage...

Attachments

• ret.jpg
    ret.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 341
Status
Not open for further replies.