Cleaning the Breckwell Part 3 the Saga continues with pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Cleaning the Breckwell Part 3 the Saga continues.

Now Class, today we will tackle the combustion blower. Please remember all Breckwells are the same on the inside except the P-24 where the Combustion blower is on the back wall.

These pics are the Big E with the panels and then with the magic touches of a screw driver, the side and back panels are removed.

Part B to follow.

Eric

Attachments

• SANY0263.JPG
    SANY0263.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 739
  • SANY0265.JPG
    SANY0265.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 746
As you can see with the blower housing that the motor is held on by 6 sheet metal screws with 1/4" heads. Loosen the screws about three turns. Take the motor and twist it and pull. It should come right out. Remember fire is hot so if you just shut the stove off it will be warm the blower will come out and you can clean the fins and inside the housing. With some skill and luck you will be able to get a 3" brush into the venting from here. Now just do everything in reverse to put it all back together. Watch the gasket it is flimsy and the replacement cost is around $12.00.

Please take all safety precaution.

Attachments

• SANY0266.JPG
    SANY0266.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 746
  • SANY0268.JPG
    SANY0268.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 745
Thanks a million!! I sure wish you were my dealer!!! You're not afraid to share your knowledge and are very willing to help us Breckwell owners out........plus your pellet prices are much cheaper than my dealer. My dealer will sell their last ton to a person who didnt even buy their stove from them. Happen to me last season. I even prepaid, went to pick them up and they sold them. Had to wait for the next truck.

Thanks again! Love the attention to detail you share.

thanks alot , this info is priceless ..

How often are we supposed to do this?

Gee, this Big E is a lot of maintenance compared to other stoves..........wait til I get my hands on the guy who talked me into this...........

He's dead.

Thanks Eric!!!!

My Owners manual on pg 17 tells you about cleaning the combustion blower. This will not void your warranty unless you do not replace the gasket or reinstall the parts wrong.

About how often you clean these parts is depending on how much pellets you burn and what type of pellets. I would check it every few months and determine when you need to do this cleaning. ALL stoves need this done so do not think it is just this brand or model. I guess the difference will be on how long your parts last compared to other stove parts.

I know some guys that change the oil in their car every 3,000 miles. I also know guys that change it ever 5,000 miles. I guess that is up to you.

As Craig (Webmaster) said, "You can give someone a fish and feed them once or teach someone to fish and they can feed themselves". We all know people who fish and those who go for the boat ride, watch, drink beer, and like red meat. I do not fish unless I have too but that is another story.

Eric

And another bump to get this back into play

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.