Cleaning the combustion blower on a PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Combustion Motor Gasket (Part # PU-CMG), which allows you to remove the motor from the Combustion Blower housing, clean your stove, and replace the motor and gasket without having to remove the entire Combustion Blower. If cleaning your blower, the blower impeller, blower tube and steel blower exhaust tube on the unit should be brushed and vacuumed.

From page 14 of the manual for your stove.

so I will need a new gasket before checking it. The stove is refurbished and I have only burned about 10-12 bags. Wanted to check blowers to make sure my low heat wasn't caused by dirty blowers.

Always have a new gasket on hand when separating parts with gaskets, if you are very careful and use a sharp penknife you can frequently reuse a gasket. Once a gasket is torn it rarely will remain airtight. It must be airtight, you don't want smoke and other nasty (and deadly) things in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.