Cleaning the Exhaust Blower Quadra Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malibuman00

Oct 24, 2008
Southern Maine
My dealer quoted $199.00 before July and $249.00 after July for yearly service on the stove. I have already empty the tee on the pipe and cleaned out the ash. If I decide to clean the stove my self I will invest in a good brush to clean the pipe, I have 5 ft of vertical. My only question is what is involved in cleaning the exhaust blower. The manual states yearly or as needed, but requires no lubrication. It also states by: Qualified service tech, and doesn’t state how to do this. When I remove the back brick I can see the exhaust fan and I just hold the vacuum in the exhaust port, which I do monthly. Is there anything else I should be doing? Quad Santa Fe.

Easiest thing to do is to use a paint brush or something to get all the crud off the blades through that hole in the back. If its really bad you have to remove it but that's a pain in the butt.

fireitup said:
My dealer quoted $199.00 before July and $249.00 after July for yearly service on the stove. I have already empty the tee on the pipe and cleaned out the ash. If I decide to clean the stove my self I will invest in a good brush to clean the pipe, I have 5 ft of vertical. My only question is what is involved in cleaning the exhaust blower. The manual states yearly or as needed, but requires no lubrication. It also states by: Qualified service tech, and doesn’t state how to do this. When I remove the back brick I can see the exhaust fan and I just hold the vacuum in the exhaust port, which I do monthly. Is there anything else I should be doing? Quad Santa Fe.

I think you can do this yourself, $199 sounds like too much.

how easy is removing that brick to get to the blower? if easy enough then sounds like no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.