Cleaning the glass on my Russo stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikesrusso

Jan 15, 2007
Hey Guys,
I'm no expert when it comes to these stoves but Iv'e used my stove alot in the short amount of time Iv'e lived in the house.
Here's my problem, I usually have to clean the glass every time I use the stove so Iv'e been using these "scrub" sponges becuase it's the only thing that seems to work. I recently noticed the glass is starting to scratch. Is there an alternative?

Thanks, Mike

Mikesrusso said:
Hey Guys,
I'm no expert when it comes to these stoves but Iv'e used my stove alot in the short amount of time Iv'e lived in the house.
Here's my problem, I usually have to clean the glass every time I use the stove so Iv'e been using these "scrub" sponges becuase it's the only thing that seems to work. I recently noticed the glass is starting to scratch. Is there an alternative?

Thanks, Mike

Basically any degreaser type cleaner works.

Like this.
http://www.superkleendirect.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=48

Simple green works well also.

Status
Not open for further replies.