Cleaning the smoke chamber - Piazzetta Monia

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jameswig

Apr 27, 2015
Whitehorse, YT
Attempting to clean the smoke chamber after first winter heating with a Piazzetta Monia (recommended cleaning once per year in manual). I am unable to get the front screw to loosen enough to remove - the screw head comes up a couple of millimeters but gets to the point where it feels like something going to snap. Anyone else having this issue? Is this a necessary maintenance piece?

Thanks!

I was able to remove the screw no problem, once out the screw did seem to have some rust...

No issues with mine.

Just wondering, for those that have removed the smoke chamber lid, did the seal around the lid seem very poorly fitted and of cheap quality?

Just wondering, for those that have removed the smoke chamber lid, did the seal around the lid seem very poorly fitted and of cheap quality?
No, it just seemed hard to get the gasket in place.

I agree, it was difficult to get in place. Did you buy a new gasket, if so, what brand of gasket? Thanks
No, the gasket looked like new, so I reuse it. You should ask Pascal what he recommends.

Status
Not open for further replies.