Cleaning up a Resolute Acclaim 2490

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N_m_1986

Sep 22, 2015
NY
Good morning,
So for my new house I picked up a Craigslist stove,
For about $470 I got the Resolute Acclaim 2490 , MFG date 3007.

For starters is that MFG date 1997, or 2007?

I started taking it apart for cleaning and here are the results from during the cleaning process.

It seems they burned some coal in this stove, which printed on the griddle says is Acceptable! but with coal components?

also, Firebricks were already removed, and I only need one replaced. I can salvage one side brick, and the back wall.

photo 5 (1).JPG photo 4.JPG photo 3 (2).JPG photo 1 (1).JPG photo 3 (1).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG photo 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: yesterday I re tapped a fireback bolt, frankensteined a firebrick, recemented the other back wall firebricks assembly and resealed the stove back together.
awaiting combustion package, seals, and a handle or two.
good times.

Attachments

• photo 1 (2).JPG
    photo 1 (2).JPG
    449 KB · Views: 196
  • photo 5 (2).JPG
    photo 5 (2).JPG
    283.7 KB · Views: 196
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    246 KB · Views: 220
  • photo 3 (3).JPG