CLEARANCE & BASE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROYJ24

Oct 3, 2007
S. JERSEY
I'M INSTALLING CFM240007 W-STOVE. THE MANUAL SHOWS CORNER
7" CLEARANCE. SOUNDS CLOSE?
IS A SLAB OF BLUESTONE & STOVEBOARD GOOD ENOUGH FOR A BASE? :blank:
ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED.

You have already asked this question.

We have already answered this question.

What does your manual say?

Does it say that a piece of slate will meet the requirements?

Some stove manufactures say 3/8 Non Combustible
Some give you and R value to stick to

I gave you the 1800 # and a link to the paperwork that came wioth the stove- do you have the stove in the house yet?

Try giving them a call.

Bob

Installation on a Combustible Floor
If the appliance is to be installed on a combustible floor or a combustible floor covering, it must be installed
on a 3/8”(10mm) thick non-combustible millboard floor protector or durable equivalent. The pad must be
installed beneath the appliance extending 18”(457mm)in Canada, 16”(406mm) in the U.S. on any side
equipped with a door, and 8”(203mm) on all other sides. In the U.S. the pad must cover any horizontal
chimney connector runs and extend 2”(51mm) beyond each side.
A grouted ceramic floor-tile surface installed per local building code is considered a durable equivalent.

ROYJ24 said:
HELLO IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

You might get better response from people if you TURN OFF CAPS LOCK

As for me... I am just going to ignore you now.

Status
Not open for further replies.