clearance between plate steel stove and LP furnace/supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moresnow

Minister of Fire
Jan 13, 2015
Iowa
Any general rule on distance between the wood stove and a LP furnace (hanging, ceiling mount style).
I stopped by a buddies place that is getting a garage remodel. When walking in the overhead door the wood stove sits against the back wall, just right of center. Up and to the right is the hanging LP furnace. I did not measure the distance between them but did notice the LP supply line attach's to the LP furnace on the bottom, and nearest side to the wood burner.
Looked sketchy to me at best! Any direction or advice would be apreciated. Thanks

when our stove was installed in the basement our code enforcer checked measurements to make sure it was 10 feet from the fuel drum. i don't know if that was NFPA or local though.

Status
Not open for further replies.