clearance question Majestic ZC-42

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fran35

Jan 10, 2011
PA
20141119_192653.jpg 20141119_194100.jpg
Hey everyone
I am redoing the zero clearance wood fireplace in my living room with some old barn beams. I don't actually use fireplace, but I want to ensure that what I am doing is code or safe. The barn beams are from the early 1800s so the moisture content is low and I am not resurfacing them at all. There was wood trim previously around the fireplace, but it was lower profile. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
What does your install manual say for clearances?
That's where you need to look for your clearances.
If you don't have a manual, do you know the make
& model # of your ZC box?

What does your install manual say for clearances?
That's where you need to look for your clearances.
If you don't have a manual, do you know the make
& model # of your ZC box?
I don't have the manual and I have tried to research the clearances online but to no avail. The model number is Majestic ZC 42.

Gonna need more info. ZC42 just means it's a Zero Clearance model with a 42" front. Is it a Warm Majic, Royalton or what.
Is the rating plate still attached inside the box?

Thanks for the replies. I found the plate. It doesnt mention the model series, but it states the model number is AC 809218. I have googled it and can't find anything at all. Also the date of manufacture is 1995.

That sounds more like the serial number. Was the model mentioned elsewhere on the plate?

20141123_205334.jpeg
Thanks for all the help. I couldn't make out the exact model number to I just decided to bump everything out to ensure I exceeded any code. Here is a pic:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: S Tebo
Status
Not open for further replies.