clearance sale on splitters at Home Depot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grommal

Feeling the Heat
Mar 4, 2009
Eastern PA
I just picked up a splitter at Home Depot. I wasn't even really in the market for one, but it was so cheap I couldn't pass on it. 8 ton Yard Machines gas splitter, originally $687, marked down to $241. I know it's not the best brand, or a really heavy duty machine, but that's a deal! When I grabbed mine last night at the Bethlehem, PA store, they had one more left. Don't know if other stores were doing the same markdown.

241 is silly money for a splitter...at that price I'd buy one just for speculation. Props to you for for acting boldly.

Ours is so old I think it's a 10 ton American, it splits everything I have but elm isn't easy. With elm we shave it off the sides pretty much the way you'd do it by hand. At least doing it that way you can avoid those splits that look like a mass of spaghetti. You should be OK too if you do it that way. Let us know how you make out with it.

Way to pay attention. I Just bought an 8hp B+S-1" shaft, for $299. Crazy not to buy that splitter. Now, store it until later this summer, than list it for "quick sale $650.00 " . Don't forget to report your earnings to the IRS. :coolsmirk:

I went to the Depot last night to grab a few things. The only $250 I saw was the price markdown..... And that was for a smaller gas splitter that only had a hitch pin setup...not a ball hitch. Oh well!

I popped for the small retractable $241.00 splitter. Three tanks of gas now . It works on small stuff .big rounds is a problem. Not enough width on the wedge. Its a horizontal so lots of lifting. ouch! Still beats the heck out of the old M Maul. In storage closed up, the cylinder slides back for storage, it takes up little room. It al do! _/) ______ _/)

Status
Not open for further replies.