clearance to ceiling of a 45 degree single wall pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjgaughan

Jun 12, 2015
ontario
Where do i measure my 18" to the ceiling from? Outside of metal trim? Or do I essentially need an 18" straight down run before doing my 45 over? See attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_20150629_191347.jpg
    IMG_20150629_191347.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 93
Yes measure from the ceiling. There should be 18" before the elbow changes direction. However there's no problem in exceeding that clearance to be on the safe side.

Thanks, that's what I figured but wanted to check. T'was more for aesthetic purporses I would have preferred not to but code is code! Guess i'm off to the store to buy another piece of pipe ha ha.

I prefer the look of it low, but that's a personal decision. We had tall enough flue that it is not an issue coming right off the stove. From the sofa you can hardly notice the offset.

IMAG1279web.jpg IMAG1280web.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.