clearance to combustibles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smmm

Aug 1, 2010
Ohio
Wood stove is in the basement. I have a poured concrete wall that is 8" thick with stone veneer attached to it that is app. 2" thick. On the outside part of the poured wall there is plywood that is roughly 16" above the stove. When I measure my rear clearance to combustibles, do I have to measure to the inside part of the poured wall or do I measure to the plywood that is on the exterior???
Thanks Again!

If the plywood is on the outside wall and 16" above the stove, you may have no issues with clearances, except for the flue connector. Based on the other post it sounds like you have just installed Duraplus there + DVL, or is this a different installation? If so, based on the description it sounds like you may be good to go. However, to be sure, post some interior and exterior shots for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.