Clinker sticking to pot of Mt. Vernon AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmith

Minister of Fire
Sep 13, 2009
Kutztown, PA
I just witnessed my AE doing an auto clean, and the floor slid across but the clinker stayed stuck to the sides of the pot. I am burning Hamers. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and how do you remedy it? Thanks

I used Hamers last season and seemed to have lots of clinkers. Can't you just shutdown the unit and clean as you if you did your weekly cleaning as instructed by Quad ... scrape with the tool they provide...

Daves said:
I used Hamers last season and seemed to have lots of clinkers. Can't you just shutdown the unit and clean as you if you did your weekly cleaning as instructed by Quad ... scrape with the tool they provide...
I do a real good weekly cleaning, but this happens when it shuts down to autoclean, which happens every 2-3 hours. My stove runs all day and I am not home to clean it everytime it shuts down. I was wondering if maybe anybody had this problem and sprayed the pot with something to prevent it.

You need a lesser pellet, too hot a burn will fuse the ash and cause clinkers.

What heat output level are you running at? If you are in manual mode, try turning it down a notch and see if that helps.

I have never had any big clinkers stick long term. Eventually they seem to fall off. But, I've also never tried Hamers. ;-)

Gweeper64 said:
What heat output level are you running at? If you are in manual mode, try turning it down a notch and see if that helps.

I have never had any big clinkers stick long term. Eventually they seem to fall off. But, I've also never tried Hamers. ;-)
The funny thing is I was running manual medium for quite a while and all was well. Last night I switched to auto so it would run longer and that is when it started, it was running mostly medium low to low.

tsmith said:
The funny thing is I was running manual medium for quite a while and all was well. Last night I switched to auto so it would run longer and that is when it started, it was running mostly medium low to low.

There ya go. Try running it on manual medium-lo for a day or two and see how it goes.

maybe try utility setting???
more wear an ignitor also.

Status
Not open for further replies.