clip found under stove - now too much heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rret

Nov 14, 2014
CT
stove is a quadrafire yosemite.
my front draft control doesn't seem to have any resistance anymore and the stove burns hot now.
is the clip shown in the image somehow related to the front draft control?
thanks

Attachments

• P1040775.JPG
    P1040775.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 128
Check the manufacturers manual or spare parts list. The usually have exploded views of the components. That should show you the name of the part and where it goes. Sounds like a linkage between the lever and what ever slides inside to cover the ports.

Looks like a connecting link between the air control rod and the air valve has broken or come off. I haven't worked on this stove but here is what I would do for starters. If possible, remove the front ash lip and ash pan. With the ash door open, take a mirror and bright flashlight to see how this assembly works. Move the air control rod so that you can identify it and note where it ends. That should be where the air intake valve starts. Look for identical slotted holes on both the end of the air control valve and the air valve itself. The clip looks like it will insert into both of these, but it is not clear what retains it in this location.

Status
Not open for further replies.