Closed system pressure .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my 1000 gallon tank is full top-to-bottom with 190F water my system pressure at the bottom of the boiler (the low point of the whole show) is about 21 PSI. During the off season, when the entire system is at room temperature, the same pressure gauge reads about 10 PSI.

At 193F psi is 24; off season at 60F psi is 10. Entire system has maximum elevation of 12 ft.

My system is about 1000 gallons, the cold pressure @70F is 8 psi and the fully charged pressure @180F is 13psi. The system is designed to stay below 15psi.

I am curious how much expansion you all have to get the pressure gains listed above? It sounds like most have make up water set on about 10PSI, and getting about 10 pounds of pressure from expansion.

My system is about 1000 gallons, the cold pressure @70F is 8 psi and the fully charged pressure @180F is 13psi. The system is designed to stay below 15psi.
I have two Bell and Gossett HFT-110V tanks, 62 gal tank volume with 34 gallon acceptance each.

I am curious how much expansion you all have to get the pressure gains listed above? It sounds like most have make up water set on about 10PSI, and getting about 10 pounds of pressure from expansion.

My 'make up' is valved off.

Status
Not open for further replies.