Closet organization

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
I do a little bit of woodworking and a whole lot of DIY aronund my house. I have a 6x7 walk in closet and want to make better use of the space in there. But I'm having trouble coming up with ideas. Anyone have examples of stuff they have done?

David,

Have to agree with Velvet on the wire shelves.
I would recommend one section being multi-tiered for sweaters, shorts, etc., the items that can be folded. Another section to be dual-tiered for hangered shirts where two can be hung, one over the other. And a single-tiered section where you can hang pants full length from pants hangers.

Also place a couple of hooks on the wall for daily use casual clothes like sweats and a flannel shirt.

Erik

From my own lame experience, you don't need to go crazy with the braces-except if you're going to be putting wood on there or something. :)
There's a certain style of support for the rod that doesn't impede hanger movement, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.