Clydesdale air flow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gdisarcina

Sep 24, 2008
NW of Boston
I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my stove. I have the Clydesdale stove (which has a blower). Although the heat is transferred okay throughout my first floor, the room the stove is in gets pretty hot compared to the others. I have heard that people put small fans blowing into the fireplace room, and getting better air flow. Does this work? Any recomendations for better air flow are welcome.

Box fan blowing TOWARDS the stove, one of the best ways to circulate the air.

clyde said:
I want to make sure I am getting the most out of my stove. I have the Clydesdale stove (which has a blower). Although the heat is transferred okay throughout my first floor, the room the stove is in gets pretty hot compared to the others. I have heard that people put small fans blowing into the fireplace room, and getting better air flow. Does this work? Any recomendations for better air flow are welcome.

I cannot speak to how well using a fan blowing towards the room would work with a fireplace insert . . . but I do know setting up a 10-12 inch table fan in the room adjacent to the living room with the stove allows me to heat the rest of my house and moderates the temps better than doing nothing at all.

We installed a ceiling fan in the living room with the stove and we run it on low blowing up, towards the ceiling. This helps move the hot air across the ceiling and it pushes it to the adjacent rooms. However we have no ceiling thresholds at our door ways, so that might also help the hot air move easier...

I have an 8 inch, 650 CFM blower pushing cold air up to the stove from below. Works really well and doesn't look like an appliance repair shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.